A Radical Plan to Eliminate Dog-Friendly Areas in SF
Dog owners: The Golden Gate National Recreation Area has an extreme plan to eliminate dog walking in areas of Fort Funston, Crissy Field, Ocean Beach, Muir Beach, and Marin Headlands.
50% of San Francisco homes have dogs, yet few people in San Francisco know about this impeding ban.
Let’s keep the Bay Area dog friendly. Go to Save Off Leash to learn more or sign the petition.
More About What You Can Do
- Submit comments to GGNRA here and then clicking on “Comment on Document” button. Commenting tips available: from SFDog.org and from OceanBeachDog.
- Tell Your SF Supervisors to Stop the GGNRA Dog Management Plan.
- Sign petition calling for congressional oversight of GGNRA and NPS.
- Sign petition to Dept. of Interior against the GGNRA Dog Management Plan
- Write your congressional representatives asking them to oppose GGNRA’s restrictions to off-leash dog walking. Point out the flagrant conflicts of interest in the GGNRA and GGNPC relationship and demand transparency and equal treatment despite donations from special interest groups.
- Stay informed by signing up for SaveOffLeash updates
- Sign petition opposing the proposed Dog Plan.
- SPREAD THE WORD