The 24 Most Important Things We All Learned From “My So-Called Life”
2. You can never wear too many accessories.
3. Or mix too many prints.
4. Or look flyer than Ricky Vasquez.
5. The way someone leans is very, very important.
And no one leans better than Jordan Catalano.
6. Haters are gonna hate.
7. And Sunday nights are the absolute worst.
I know that feel, bro.
8. But friendship makes everything better!
9. Sometimes it’s okay to take a break from resenting your parents.
… even if you feel like this most of the time.
10. Beware of people with bewitching blue eyes and perfect bone-structure.
Especially if they have a proclivity for plaid shirts and chokers.
11. Because it will be impossible not to fall in love with them.
Don’t look directly into his eyes, Angela! It’s a trap!
12. Even when they act like emotionally withholding jerks sometimes.
This face is Jordan Catalano’s version of an Oprah-style “Aha moment,” by the way.
13. This is the truest of facts.
14. Some promises are meant to be broken.
15. There’s no such thing as a non-awkward family photo.
16. This would be a “really” useful invention.
17. “Blister in the Sun” is the perfect song to dance around your bedroom to when you’ve just gotten over someone.
… or at least, when you think you’ve just gotten over someone.
Come on, Angela, you didn’t think Corey Helfrik was ever really on the same level as Jordan, did you?
18. Try not to let the soul-crushing banality of suburban high school life get to you.
19. This is the best love-letter ever written in the English language.
Even if Brian Krakow ghost-wrote it.
20. … and these are the best words you could ever hear come out of anyone’s mouth.
21. The girl’s bathroom is the perfect place for deep intellectual conversations.
22. Things aren’t always what they seem.
Ugh, teenage boys, amirite?!
23. Making out with people is really fun.
24. And, most importantly of all: feel all of your feelings.
…sad, epic cry-face feelings…
…deep philosophical feelings…
…ALL OF THE FEELINGS.
Oh yeah, and if you’ve never watched “My So Called Life?”
A) What is wrong with you?!?
B) You should watch it right now! Like, immediately.