Promises to my dog
Promises I make to my dog
- I promise to have realistic expectations of the role my dog will play in my life. I will remember that she is a dog, not a furry little human; she cannot satisfy all my emotional needs.
- I promise to protect my dog from dangers, such as traffic and other creatures who might want to hurt her.
- I promise to keep her well dressed with a collar containing up-to-date I.D.
- I promise to learn kind and gentle training methods so that she can understand what I am trying to say.
- I promise to be consistent with my training, since dogs feel secure when daily life is predictable, with fair rules and structure.
- I promise to match her loyalty and patience with my own.
- I promise that my dog will be part of my family. I will make a commitment to schedule time every day to interact…
View original post 145 more words